We design today and we will build and operate tomorrow a fleet of airships, the LCA60T, intended for cargo transport. Capable of loading and unloading up to 60 tons of cargo (wood, wind turbine blades, containers, mobile hospitals, etc.) in hovering flight, with a reduced environmental footprint, this transport system is unprecedented.
At FLYING WHALES, we have a bold vision that brings together more than 130 pioneers and about 40 partner companies. These pioneers of the 21st century, men and women, bring their desire, their passion and their know-how every day to give birth to a new transportation solution, but also to an idea. The idea that societies must be able to continue to create links in order to develop.
This is the mission that FLYING WHALES has set itself: to open up isolated regions in the world while helping to reduce CO2 emissions in the transport sector thanks to a low-carbon airship.
Would you like to help us write one of the pages of aeronautics history? Here is the pioneer we are looking for:
YOUR DAILY LIFE:
The Funding Analyst will be in charge of identifying all subsidies reservoir in and out of France and maximizing the inflow of cash to support the innovation and development of FLYING WHALES. S.he builds the map of identifiable subsidies with the support of internal/external experts and matches them back to the portfolio of innovative projects. The Funding Analyst participate to build an external network and creates strong intimacy with funders (Regional, Governmental, European) to become the future official interface. She/He will have at heart to manage the delivery of subsidies requests to all potential funders.
- Conduct in-depth research to identify and evaluate potential funding sources for technical innovation projects.
- Collaborate with technical teams and researchers to understand project requirements and develop comprehensive funding proposals to develop funding strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Manage the end-to-end process of applying for grants, government funding, and other public/private investment opportunities with the support of others internal department.
- Analyze and interpret funding regulations and requirements to ensure compliance during the application process.
- Participate to evaluate and negotiate funding terms and agreements with funders as well as support the internal team in the negotiation with the external partners.
- Monitor industry trends, technological developments, and competitor activities to inform funding strategies.
- Prepare persuasive and compelling presentations to pitch technical innovation projects to potential funding partners.
- Maintain accurate records of funding applications, approvals, and disbursements.
- Prepare financial reports and presentations for senior management and stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and budgets related to funding initiatives.
- Develop funders ecosystem/networking and relations with funders (European, National, Region).
- Assist in the preparation of the financial modelling of the “Operator” FLYING WHALES Services.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES
- Education: advanced education degree in Finance, Engineering, Technology Management, or equivalent master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience: 2 years of experience in a similar position, with emphasis on public funding, grant management, funding strategy, modeling and funding ecosystem. Experience in industrial or aeronautical sectors would be a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in financial modelling and data analysis
- Solid understanding of funding mechanisms and financial instruments
- Knowledge of government funding programs, European programs, or/and public investment, in the context of technical research and development
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts clearly in French and in English.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Curiosity, open minded to innovative solutions and passion for technical domains.
- You are goal oriented, hands on, hard worker, dynamic, and face challenges with passion.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Contribution to your success from day 1 with our WHALECOME ONBOARDING and your Buddy.
- Conviviality (common activities, internal parties, breakfasts, etc.).
- Possibility of remote working up to 2 days a week.
- Gym at the workplace.
- A meeting with Dorian, Talent Acquisition Manager.
- A meeting with Maxence, Finance manager.
- A meeting with Jihane, Chief Financial Officer.
- Contract : Permanent contract (CDI).
- Workplace : Suresnes – France (92).
- Available position : As soon as possible.
- Department : Finance.
- Reference: Funding Analyst.
FLYING WHALES is committed to creating an inclusive workspace where employees are valued for their skills and experiences.
If you are passionate, if you are convinced by the project, if this position seems to be a great opportunity for you, we will be happy to meet you!